Arsenal Hit With Fresh Double Injury Ahead of FA Cup Clash.


Arsenal's FA Cup fourth round fixture is against Brighton and Hove Albion. This game will come up on Sunday, 24th January 2015 and it's an away clash which will hold at the Annex Stadium. Ahead of the trip, Arsene Wenger has revealed the latest team news.

The manager stated during his pre-match Press Conference on Friday that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Hector Bellerin who were in the team that beat Manchester City 2-0 last Sunday are unlikely to make the game. He said that late tests will be carried out on the duo but gave Bellerin a higher chance of being fit. The Ox's is a groin inflammation while Bellerin's is an ankle problem.

Arsenal's German midfielder, Serge Gnabry has been out injured [knee] since March last year and has now made a comeback. He will not return to the first team immediately.

Wenger said, “Serge Gnabry is back in full training, but he needs first games in the Under-21s because he has been out for a very long time. But he looks quite promising again, physically and fitness wise he’s OK.”

Danny Welbeck is still not back. His thigh problem seems to be taking longer to heal. He is not expected back in the next two weeks at least. Meanwhile Mesut Ozil has been tipped to make his first start since returning from an injury spell which lasted for three months. Walcott is also in contention for Sunday.

Asked about Krystian Bielik who recently became the club's first January signing, the Arsenal coach said that the Polish international still lacks some fitness and would have to stay with the Arsenal U21 side for three weeks.

“No, no not at all,” he responded to a question over whether Belik could feature at Brighton. “He comes just from Poland, just turned 17. He is not fit, because they had the winter break in Poland that is quite long, so he is at the start of getting back to full fitness. He will not be ready for three weeks.”

And finally for those who are aware that Abou Diaby is still at Arsenal, this guy might never play for us again. Diaby has played only thrice for us since March 2013, courtesy injuries. He has never for once been settled all because of his many fitness problems. It's quite unfortunate that his condition is not getting any better and this has raised doubts over the Frenchman's future at the club.

“Abou Diaby is still injured” he said. “At the moment he’s not in a position where he will be ready to play soon, because he is not on the field at the moment at all. We have a decision to make about his contract, yes.”

Post a comment

0 Comments